“I don’t have enough great things to say about this Africa safari tour operator! I used them to plan our dream honeymoon to South Africa and couldn’t have done it without them. I actually had gone with another travel agency due to the higher number of reviews, but after I had a negative experience with the original agency, I decided to give this company a shot and I am so happy that I did. A few highlights:
- PERSONAL TOUCH: The owner scheduled a time that was convenient for us to talk over the phone as soon as I reached out to them about my inquiry. Even though they were based in Cape Town (more on that later), they were always accommodating to my schedule even though I live in the States. He personally went over what we were looking for, gave me some great advice, and assigned a rock star agent to handle the details.
- FLEXIBILITY: I like to be hands-on with trip planning and loved that the company was so flexible with all my requests. They let me use my miles/points to purchase some of the plane tickets and also book hotels on my own when I found a better price online. I always felt like they cared more about making me happy than making money.
- LOCAL PRESENCE: Being based in Cape Town was actually a huge advantage. Having that local knowledge and relationships came through on more than one occasion. One example is when we landed in Cape Town late in the evening, I didn’t realize that the rental car was a manual. I can drive manual, but since we were driving in a new country and on the other side of the road of what I was used to, I really preferred an automatic. I called the travel company office number not expecting anyone to pickup the phone so late in the evening, but not only did the owner answer, he also arranged for me to swap out the rental car the next day. They even covered the additional cost and called to make sure everything worked out.
- Our agent!!!: I felt like I had to dedicate a whole section to our personal agent/concierge/go-to for everything. Since this was our first time traveling to Africa and going on a safari, we had A LOT of questions. I think I sent 50 emails to her before the trip and another 20 during the trip. She replied to all my emails quickly and positively each time. She even met us while we were in Cape Town, bought us a drink, gave us a thoughtful gift basket of local treats, and provided personal recommendations for activities and restaurants. All of her recommendations were spot on and it was great to get advice from someone that had personally experienced everything she recommended (ex. the vineyard that we stayed in Franschhoek was not only her favorite, it was also where she got married). She has followed up with me since then to make sure that we got back okay and didn’t just move on to the next client like most companies would.
Our Africa safari travel company has gained a client for life and my wife and I will be recommending them to all of our family and friends. Don’t let the limited number of reviews dissuade you, they are a small, boutique company that provides a personal touch, but have the resources and experience to handle the most complex itineraries and requests.”
– Ricky Wong, October 2015
“Had such an amazing holiday and would not of been the same if I organised it on my own. I’ve travelled to many countries over the years and generally prefer to organise everything myself these days but thought ill give them a go. Highly recommend, I was able to plan most of the itinerary myself as I already had an idea of the places I wanted to go and told them some of the activities we were keen on and we were given some additional recommendations and advice about the trip which was great and still very affordable, if anything they probably saved us money. No other tour company that I’ve used in the past, even compares to these guys! Everything was so well organised and such quick and friendly response leading up to the trip.
We went to Mozambique, Kruger, Cape town, Livingstone and Botswana. The accommodation that was booked for us was amazing, excellent service and friendly people. Saved us so much time trying to find this out and the places were awesome, we had animals roaming around our tents in Kruger and could see zebras & elephants from our room in Livingstone but still affordable, much cheaper then other tour companies that I had enquired with but still going to the same places.
Our guide Robin in Cape town was amazing!! Very professional + efficient, new all the good photo spots and was full of information. We were in fits of laughter driving back from our shark cage dive with him, my husband and I want to go back to Cape town just we can hang out with him, he was probably the highlight of our Cape town trip! He brought me a lovely bottle of wine from the vineyards and taught my husband how to fly fish while we there, he also surprised us and set up a cute little picnic for us early that day, definitely went the extra mile, A+++ Service and pleasure to be around. In Kruger they set up a private dinner table which we were also surprised with and had great viewing of some of the animal coming through at night, so cool! 🙂
There’s no way we could of got around so efficiently without these guys. It would of taken hours an hours to research what to do, where to stay and who to do it with ourselves + ended up costing more money and time. These guys are experienced, so much better to leave it up to them. Completely exceeded our expectations, cant wait to plan another trip in the future, thanks!! ”
– Bridee Johnston, September 2015
Nothing but great things to say about our experience with this Africa safari travel planner!! The day after we entered our Zicasso request online, we were contacted by our agent. We clicked immediately. She got right away what we wanted to achieve during our trip and began helping us to develop a workable plan. If we drove her crazy with all of our revisions, you would never have known it: she was focused, resourceful, and upbeat, offering great advice at critical junctures to come up with a plan that met our needs and maximized both our time and convenience. She went the extra mile to ensure that we had a great trip, checked in frequently to find out how things were going and made great recommendations for restaurants and local attractions. We felt very pampered and we were! The outlines of our final trip included stops in Cape Town; the Blyde River Canyon; Kruger National Park; Victoria Falls; Botswana; and Johannesburg.
The company made all arrangements for us at two great safari camps: Kings in Kruger, and Shinde in Botswana. Both were excellent – knowledgeable guides; incredible surroundings; generous and welcoming staff. We lucked out and managed to see the Big Five in just two days! A highlight of the Botswana safari was spending 45 minutes observing a pride of eight lions congregated about 40 feet away from our open-air jeep. At Kruger, we had a similar up-close and personal viewing experience of two leopards and two white rhinos.
Our travel company also made all arrangements for five internal flights and pick-ups and one wonderfully guided day tour of the Blyde River Canyon: there was never a hitch! We even crossed four borders. The hand-offs were smooth; the transport vehicles clean and comfortable; the drivers safe and enthusiastic. All the practical details were attended to from tasty box lunches to confirmation calls the day before transfers.
Our travel company also arranged two wonderful tours in Cape Town for us and we were especially privileged to have them led by the Managing Director of the company. He is a consummate professional and was incredibly knowledgeable and informative about every topic that we discussed. He is also charming and delightful on a personal level and all of these qualities are reflected in the company he manages. Our two day-tours were to the Cape of Good Hope which included a spectacular gourmet multi-course wine-paired lunch at the Flagship, a restaurant located in the home of the chef and situated near the edge of the sea in Simon’s Town with beautiful views all around. We were joined by a handful of other quests and spent a lovely afternoon in their company sharing a great culinary experience.
The Managing Director also led us on a one day tour that included stops at Hermanus in the Western Cape for whale watching and at two beautiful towns in the wine country – Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. We tasted the extraordinary wines of the Delaire Graff and Tokara estates, both of which had distinctive architecture and art, but the Delaire setting was breathtakingly luxurious.
All in all, an unforgettable trip thanks to this company!
– Stephen Bohlen & Arthur Pinto, September 2015
“Our honeymoon was planned from beginning to end by the Adventura Africa staff. My wife and I will be rewarded with lifelong memories and a fresh new perspective on life and the adventures ahead. Adventura Africa are highly recommended when it comes to luxury adventure travel in Africa! They definitely know how to add that sweet touch to such an unforgettable trip”
– Tony & Maria Bryant, September 2014
“We experienced an awesome family safari combining the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Victoria Falls and the Okavango Delta. The safari was really tailored around our needs, which is something that we really appreciated. Every little detail was perfectly arranged and we enjoyed the special sundowners arranged on the safari section (every day). We found Adventura Africa to be really professional and caring to our needs and responded promptly to any changes that we wanted they left us feeling like Kings. The guides were very knowledgeable and really caring about nature and the environment.”
– Frank Courtney, April 2014
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Adventura Africa. Cape Town, South Africa. All rights reserved. Development by Web2Web